Monday, May 11, 2015

Ryan's Flat Stanley Relaxes and Helps Out in Virginia!


Hi! I arrived in Virginia on May 4.  It sure felt good to get out of that envelope and stretch my arms and legs.  Shortly after I arrived, we got in the car and rode out into the country to a farm.  We stayed there for several days.  I had lots of fun!  I got to help do some work. 
Look at me in this great big tree!

I helped plant some pretty flowers! 
One day I went to the dentist.  I got to ride on Dr. Meade’s toy airplane. 

  Then Mr. Tim cleaned and checked my teeth.    No cavities!  Great job, Flat Stanley!
I got to help with the mowing.  There was a lot of mowing to do there!

Afterward I had a rest time in the hammock. 
I helped Mr. Arnold reach the high spots.  We fixed the fan and painted the posts

on the back porch. 

Then we had peanuts for a snack.  Lots of peanuts are grown

in Virginia.  People used to grow peanuts at this farm.  Did you know peanuts

grow underground just like potatoes?

It’s strawberry picking time in Virginia.  Yummy.   I have had lots of fun in Virginia.

It has been warm and sunny here.  I am glad I wore shorts.  Did you know Virginia

is on the Atlantic Ocean?  There are mountains in Virginia too.  There is lots of

history around here.  The last battles of the Civil War 150 years ago were fought

right around this farm.  The soldiers from Maine with General Joshua Chamberlain

camped about a mile from here.  Now I am ready to come home to Maine.