Friday, May 24, 2019

Tristan's Flat Stanley in Kenya!

Here is our note from Tristan's friends in Kenya! Many thanks to Sahiba Turgesen!

We received the Flat Stanley from your student Tristan and we have mailed it back to you from Kenya. My daughter Zara has scribbled a note. The letter was received at the Impact Water office, where my husband works, from my friend in Australia (Sophie and her son, Raf). It was sent to the office because we don’t have a registered PO Box in Nairobi and also because mail is unreliable in this part of the world. We were quite surprised that it actually made it to us from Australia, granted it took over a month for it to get here. 

Actually, receiving Flat Stanley at Impact Water is befitting as the social business works to provide safe drinking water to school students in Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria. I am attaching a photo of Stanley with IW staff, perhaps you can add this aspect of Stanley’s travels to your blog? You can read more about their work on the website 
I hope Flat Stanley reaches you soon. I mailed it last week and I was told it can take up to two weeks for it to reach the US.
I am glad that Zara got a chance to be part of Stanley’s story.