Thursday, April 13, 2017

Rachel's Flat Stanley in Colorado!




Hello from Colorado Springs, CO.


Thank you for sending Flat Stanley to me. I really enjoyed hanging out with him. I was wondering where I should take Flat Stanley since we have so many outdoor activities in Colorado. Many people from around the world come to Colorado to ski, bike, camp or hike.


I decided to take Flat Stanley to a local attraction that has caught the attention of athletes from weekend warriors to professionals. People from all over come to the Colorado Springs area to test their mettle on the Manitou Incline. Sitting at the base of Pikes Peak, the Incline was an old cable car railway turned grueling hiking trail. It is almost a mile in length and climbs about 2,000 feet in elevation with an average grade of 45% and as steep as 68%.


The Manitou Incline is one of my favorite activities I do on a weekly basis. It's a good thing Stanley is Flat because climbing the Incline is hard enough. Attached is a picture of Stanley at the base of the Incline. He is smiling but he has no idea of what he is in for. No worries though, he felt like a champion at the summit.


Flat Stanley has recovered and is now on his way to New Jersey.


Thanks again,
Dean Goodwell