Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Seamus' Flat Stanley in Tokyo, Japan!



These are views out my hotel window in two of the largest cities in Japan. They look a lot alike with tall buildings as far as you can see in all directions. Because much of the country is mountainous, all the people have to live in small areas near the sea which makes them very crowded. It's too bad it was a little cloudy in Tokyo or you could have seen Mt Fuji in the distance. Aunt Jill and Uncle Dave climbed to the top of it a couple years ago. 

Uncle Dave invited me along to a business dinner in Tokyo. Everyone at the table liked to hear about my travels! I tried sake (pronounced saw-kay) which is a wine made from rice and served in small glasses. It was too strong for me. Maybe I'll like it when I'm older. I also tried sushi (pronounced sue-she) which is raw fish and rice wrapped with dried seaweed. I was skeptical at first but it's actually rather tasty.  


 I got to fly first class back from Japan which put a big smile on my face as you can see. Look at the funny way they write in Japan. It's more like pictures than letters. The seat was very comfortable though perhaps a little too big. I was worried someone would sit on me for the whole flight!