Sunday, February 11, 2018

Harrison's Flat Stanley in Seattle, Washington!

This morning we are leaving Seattle, Washington. It has rained a lot during our visit but that is normal for the northwest of the United States. In one photo of me, you can see the PUGET SOUND, the Seattle harbor, behind me. After this photo was taken we left the hotel and drove down to the ferry terminal. Now this part is cool- because Seattle is surrounded by water on three sides which is called a peninsula, people take big boats called ferries to get across the Puget Sound to get to other parts of the city. You can drive your car onto a ferry! The other picture is me in the car waiting to get on the ferry boat you can see behind me. But the coolest part, you'll never guess. Ben let me steer the car! My feet don't touch the pedals but I can steer  awesomely well! After the ferry docks on the other side of the Sound we are going to take a long drive thru the OLYMPIA NATIONAL FOREST. It is a huge forest which juts out into the Pacific Ocean at the way far edge of our country. We are driving south back to Portland, Oregon where we will spend the night before flying back to Boston tomorrow morning!